Monday, June 30, 2014

Let's Get Trendy!

Hello, it's Gloria with you today! One of the big trends in card making right now is Clean and Simple cards. I am not much of a CAS card maker, preferring lots of paper and many layers, but I wanted to give the style a go! I also wanted to use some of my NEW sequins, as they are very trendy right now, too.



I made a top-fold card from WorldWin ColorMates Smooth and Silky Gold cardstock. I embossed a piece of Smooth and Silky Fresh Cream cardstock with a splatter embossing folder. I then rubbed some ink over the raised areas. (I guess that's three layers so far...or four...)


I used black dye ink to stamp "birthday" at the bottom edge of the embossed panel. Then, I cut "happy" from Smooth and Silky Black cardstock and attached the die cut shape to the card. I had to trim the left edge of the shape as it is 7 inches long and the card is only 4 1/4 inches. I added some sequins for that extra trendy look.


I added some "splash" to the inside of the card as well. Thanks for looking!

~ Gloria (Scraps of Life)

Supplies Used:
WorldWin Papers:
ColorMates Smooth and Silky Fresh Cream, Gold, Black

Embossing Folder: Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Ink Spots
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Distress Dried Marigold
Die: Papertrey Ink One Liners Happy
Stamps: My Favorite Things Birthday Sentiments, Clearly Sentimental About Birthdays
Sequins: Craft Medley Black and White Classic; Studio Calico Atlantic
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment