Monday, May 19, 2014

Recycled Photo Box & Flower Tutorial

If you're like me you have a stack of photos waiting to be scrapped that you've already printed. If you want a neat place to store them and keep them on your desk I have a recycled box idea. I started with the box that my 4x6 photo paper came in. It was a black and blue HP box. It even fastens on the bottom. This is how it turned out.




  "
 I covered the box with pieces of patterned paper from the Graphic45 "Mother Goose" collection. Then I added some blooms and leaves that I made with WorldWin DoubleMates cardstock.


Here is a close-up of the detail and part of the blooms. I added some chipboard and cardstock accents from the collection as well. And a little bow! I added glitter glue around the edges to give a more finished look.

I also added some little tendrils of green cardstock that I curled for added detail. The leaves I just cut from WorldWin (outdoorsy olive) cardstock and inked for detail.

For the blooms I used WorldWin DoubleMates (orange dream) cardstock. I started by drawing 4 circles, 2 smaller than the other.

  I then cut them out with decorative edge scissors, these are the ones that I used.

 Here is what they looked like.

Then cut small slits into each one, I cut four in the larger and three in the smaller ones.

Then ink the edges and the center as shown below. You will mist with water, so the color will blend and not look so harsh.

Mist with water and fold into centers and twist slightly, they will look like these.

After they dry thoroughly just gently unfold and shape them until you like the way they look.

Then layer them together and you're done!!! Really simple but cute little blooms!!! They look like a carnation to me!!! They will have a different look depending on the type scissors that you use!!!

I hope you liked the blooms, and the box is just an easy project to store some photos and keep them from getting dusty or bent while on your desk. Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Patti

Supplies used:
WorldWin DoubleMates cardstock (Orange Dream)
WorldWin DoubleMates cardstock (Outdoorsy Olive)
Graphic45 Mother Goose collection cardstock, chipboard and diecut elements
Studio G ink (orange and green)
decorative scissors Fiskars
Studio G glitter glue

1 comment:

  1. You are a rock star! Those flowers are amazing with that G45 paper! And a fun way to upcycle that box!

    ReplyDelete