I selected the Elan Metallics Candied Violet cardstock for the lovely color, but more importantly, for the heavy weight of the cardstock. I needed something that would be easy to work with, but that would also be very sturdy. The cardstock is 111 pound cover and worked perfectly for the project.
1. The finished box is 4 x 4 x 4 inches, which means you need one 12 x 12-inch sheet of cardstock to create the box. Follow the directions on the punch board to score and fold the box. Use a strong adhesive to assemble the box. Since my box is for display only, I glued the top flap closed. (You can make boxes in sizes from 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 inches to 4 x 4 x 4 inches. (If you have access to paper larger than 12 x 12-inches, I am sure you can figure out how to make larger boxes!)
3. To create the flowers, I cut various flower shapes from Elan Metallics Candied Violet and Petallics Ice cardstock. I also cut leaves from Elan Metallics Moss cardstock. I used a variety of die cut templates to cut the flowers (see the supply list below).
6. Using foam tape, attach the doilies to the top of the box as shown.
7. After the paper flowers and leaves are dry, gently unfold each item. Ink the flowers and leaves with distress ink as desired, and then shape them with a stylus and a foam mat or with your fingers.
8. Glue each layer together to form flowers. My flowers resemble carnations or dahlias. Arrange the flowers and leaves onto the top of the box and glue in place. You may choose to add a chipboard tag or other element to the box, as desired.
9. Cut several 1 1/2-inch wide strips of Petallics Ice cardstock and wrap them around the box to form a "belly band." Trim excess cardstock and glue the seams securely.
10. Cut several 3/4-inch wide strips of printed paper and wrap them around the cardstock band as shown.
11. Add more flowers and leaves to the front and sides of the box, as desired. (I used flowers to hide the seam on the side of the box.) The Elan Metallics and Petallics cardstock is very shimmery, adding an elegant touch to the project.
12. Place your box on your desk or table and enjoy!
Thanks for looking!
~ Gloria (Scraps of Life)
Elan Metallics Candied Violet, Moss
Designer Paper: Graphic 45 Secret Garden Sun Kissed
Chipboard tag: Graphic 45 Secret Garden
Ink: Ranger Distress Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac
Die cut templates: Spellbinders Jewel Flowers and Flourishes, Carnation Creations, Foliage, Lotus Pendant
Tools: We R Memory Keepers Gift Box Punch Board
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares; Aleene's Tacky Glue; Scor-tape