Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Let's Stamp Something!

For the last day of 2013....let's stamp something! I wanted to share with  you how great the WorldWin cardstock is for stamping! (I originally made this card for a guest spot for Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps. I think you will agree, that is is worth a second look!)
I created a 5x5 inch card with Treasures Pitch Black cardstock. The Treasures line is a heavy-weight, textured cardstock. I use vast quantities of the Pitch Black and Deep Brown! It is thick, rich, and has just the right amount of texture!

I used some pretty papers from Graphic 45 for my background. I pierced around the blue square (with an old Stampin' Up piercing template). Some of the piercing was a bit wonky, so I distressed the paper to hide it. (Hey, we all have our secrets!) I love the boat and map stamp from ODBD (Surging Sea). I stamped it onto ColorMates Original Light Totally Tan cardstock and matted it with blue designer paper. The Light Totally Tan cardstock is my go-to "not quite white" cardstock. It matches the vintage look of the card perfectly!
I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of Light Totally Tan cardstock and die cut it with a circle template. I sponged some blue ink onto the paper before removing the template. That gave me a border all around the circle to follow with my piercing tool. You can see I did not do a perfect job, but close enough.

Images and sentiments stamp so nicely onto the cardstock! Can you see why I like it so much?!

My favorite part of the card, aside from the stamping, is the "crumpled" edge. I simply placed a bit of printed paper at the lower right corner of the card, then I folded back the other layers to reveal the revers of the printed paper! So easy!
I really love how this card turned out. It's masculine, but still pretty. I love how rich the WorldWin cardstock looks! (I dipped into my Graphic 45 French Country papers. I love the 8x8 and 6x6 pads!)
 I also decorated the inside of the card. I lined the card with more of the Light Totally Tan cardstock, and then added a border from printed paper. I stamped the image onto Light Totally Tan, die cut it, and sponged it with ink. I cut a mat from a scrap of Treasures Pitch Black.
I carried the piercing into the inside as well. I did a bit better job this time!

Thanks for looking! I hope all of you have only rainbows in 2014! Happy New Year!

~ Gloria (Scraps of Life)


WorldWin Paper:
Treasures Pitch Black
ColorMates Original Light Totally Tan

Other:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Sentiment Collection 2, Surging Sea
Designer paper: Graphic 45 French Country 8x8 and 6x6 pads
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk French Blue
Die cuts: Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Small
Twine: Really Reasonable Ribbon
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Scotch 3M ATG tape

2 comments: